3/21/11

Birds of a Feather...Living on the Lake

No junkin' today for my friend and me! We could not resist this "BEA U ti ful" weather and decided to do some much needed yard work!

Tired ( exhausted is more to the point!) but satisfied late this afternoon my friend and me took a little cruise on the water. I want to share with you some of the birds that call our lake home. (at least part of the year)






Of course the geese: (such a commanding presence but soooooo messy...watch your step!)








These mallards came right up to our boat...




"I Am saying 'cheese'..."





"We can play, Duck, Duck, Goose..."








And a final good bye to us...






"Well, I've never, you old coot..." This year we've had a large ('too many', my friend says) population of coots...





Their takeoff is truly a feat...looks like their running on water before flight!





"Hey, don't ya leave me! I'm trying..."






See the foot on the water...






And our favorite...the osprey! So majestic in flight...





Each year the nest is built here on this channel marker. Today we were lucky to get both male and female on the nest...




Look closely to see the flight of other birds in the distance...





A lot of chattering going on between the two...and a warning look at us!









Life is good!



Have a Blessed Day!! And see ya down the junkin' road!!
Jan

(I love reading your comments! Thanks!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A B! C M ED BD Ducks? haha
Great Blog!!!! Proud of you!