4/24/12

YUM! Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub





 That's right! Yum! Vanilla Brown Sugar 'Scrub'??? What???  
This vanilla brown sugar is not, I repeat, NOT to eat!! 
This scrub is 
to use on those rough, dry elbows, heels, hands to help turn them into soft and lovely for the summertime!!  
(Do I sound like a radio commercial?!!LOL)


I needed a little gift for my sweet friend and wanted it to be personal. So off to my stash of ideas...


Some time ago I found these cute small jars at Hobby Lobby. At the time I didn't know how I would use them. Now they are just perfect for this craft!

The ingredients were in the cabinet...


Now, I ask you...what can be easier???!!! 



And I wish I had 'smell-i-vision' because this just smells soooo yummy!!

While out thrifty shopping I had found several spoons with the brown handles. Again I had no earthly idea why I was buying them! LOL  I just knew the bargain was too good to pass up! 

I just love it when it all comes together and looks like I had planned it all along!

Very nice gifts for Mothers' Day...
a great way to tell someone you are thinking of them...handcrafted is special...

The 'scrub' makes great end of the year thank you gifts for the teachers!
(and will fit within the guidelines of the Alabama Ethics Rule)

Ingredients: brown sugar, granulated sugar, oil, vanilla

I packaged mine with a handwritten tag, a bow of white tulle, added the spoon for convenience and  
there you have it...sweet gift for that special someone!

I found several ideas for additional 'scrubs' I plan to make later this year!  
Have you tried any lately?

See ya down the junkin' road!!

Jan
Partying today with...

Masterpiece Monday 




16 comments:

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

I have used sugar scrubs from Bath and Bodyworks but I've never made my own. What a great idea. Your packaging is darling!

Pura Vida said...

what a clever idea!

Kathe said...

Agreed! Your jars are perfect! I will now look at the spoons more closly when I am out thrifting! I am thinking I may make some up for my dear mother-in-law and my gal pal Ms K. Thank you so much for sharing this at my little linky party :-) I hope to see you again next week ♥

Gina said...

What a great idea! I've always seen sugar scrubs but have never tried one.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh, I love vanilla I thin I did smell it, I am going to book mark this..Thank you!

Carol

Sheila said...

Could you please give the exact recipe for this. I know it has to smell out of this world. I need to make some for sis in law gifts. Thanks! You can email it to pshagler@att.net if you don't mind.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Jan,

Oh I love body scrubs. I'm going to make this.

Thanks,
Dee

Debbiedoos said...

How sweet Jan...literally. This sounds fab.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I love sugar scrubs and have not seen this recipe before -- sounds 'yummy'! Your presentation is perfect -- love the spoons!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

I can just about smell it! Sounds heavenly! I recently printed off a recipe for a scrub but have yet to make it. Now I have to decide which one!!!

Old Time Cindy said...

Yours are so pretty to look at. I made some scrubs for my nieces at Christmas time. Homemade smells wonderful...good enough to eat!

Maureen Wyatt said...

I'm curious about the proportions, too. I have the same jars and this is a sweet gift! ~ Maureen

Unknown said...

This looks like such a great gift idea, which I need for several friends I am visiting next month. :) Thanks so much. Pinned for future use. FYI - I'm a Southern girl too! Born and raised in MS and have lived in SC for the last almost 26 years! :)

Serena said...

Hi, Jan! Coming over from Thrift Diving! Thanks for your comment. And I LOVE this idea form Mother's Day and for Teacher Appreciation. What a great idea! What kind of oil did you use? Olive oil?

Serena
Thrift Diving
www.ThriftDiving.com

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I bet this smells and feels wonderful!

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

Hmmm! This looks wonderful! I am definitely going to make this...Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment!