4/12/11

RECLAIM...A Before and After

Reclaim...taking something old, not good for use, and making it usable again!  That's what my friend and me did with this buffet!  ("Did it come out of a barn?" my friend asked. "And who ordered that color in the first place?")


The BEFORE...




It had good bones...sturdy and solid.  I layered several paints!  Sorry, no specific colors as I used OOPS paints and mixed the colors until I was satisfied with the color combinations!  The top was painted a yummy chocolate color!  Then all was distressed and waxed!

 Added some new knobs and here ya go...



(the base is a little bluer than my photos are showing!)



The AFTER...loaded and ready for sale at my "spot" in Chelsea Antiques and Decorators' Mall!


(available at Cottage Chic & a Little Antique, dealer 671)

I may link this "reclaim" to one of the blog parties!! Just sayin'...


Let me know about a reclaim you've finished lately!


Have a Blessed Day!! And see ya down the junkin' road!!

Jan

No comments: