3/4/11

Color! Refreshing and Inspiring...

I've kept my friend very, very busy these last few days! We've been reclaiming and refurbishing furniture! Sooooo, I needed a rest and naturally my daydreams turned to summer, vacations, & warm weather! AND, COLOR, how to capture those dreams in my home...

COLOR, as refreshing as a cool breeze during the heat of summer! As the weather tempts us with warmer temperatures my thoughts turn to visuals of the ocean, the beach, the seaside! I love the neutrals of sand, shells and driftwood, with the varing shades of grays and blues that make up the ocean and sky! It has a calming effect! I can close my eyes and almost smell the salt of the sea, hear the pounding of the surf, feel the wind upon my face! (a nice dream in place of the harsh cold wind of March!)

This chest that my friend refurbished illustrates some of the color palette...


The grays and browns of weathered primitives...




Add a pop of color and your space has that refreshed look...


(These featured items may be found at Consigning Interiors & Antiques Mall, 2838 Pelham Parkway, Pelham, Al 35124.)

NOW that I've had my little daydream I must return to MARCH WIND, the reality that summer breezes are still a few months away! However I CAN surround myself with all those special colors in my home! Now just to get my friend and me a gallon of paint...

Have a Blessed Day!! And see ya down the junkin' road!!
Jan

(If you have colors that evoke special memories & feelings leave a comment. I love hearing from you!)

No comments: