4/5/11

Shutters...Recycle

I'm always looking for more ways to use the old shutters that so many have removed from their homes! Now I'm not talkin' about the plastic kind but real, "shore nuf" wooden shutters!!  My friend and me have built  shelves, bookcases, message boards, jewelry keepers...all out of shutters!





But my favorite way to use the old shutters is...on my porch!








 My friend attached them at the top so I may slide them open too!

They filter the bright sun...block most of the wind and rain...provide a degree of privacy...Love it!!  (One of these days I may get around to painting them but for now I love the old peeling paint on both sides!)


Have a Blessed Day!! And see ya down the junkin' road!!

Jan


(How have you reclaimed old shutters?  Leave a comment)

No comments: