1/11/12

From Old to New Lamps

"The  sky is fallin', the sky is fallin'..." 
No, no not Henny Penny!

                                            (wikipedia, Henny Penny, Chicken Little)

But I did wake up to this...

That's right!! Cloudy, rainy, dreary...ugh!

What to do?  I've been tied up with family obligations (not that I'm complaining as I love being involved with my family!)  But I so needed some ME time!  You've been there haven't you?  Just desire some time to relax and do things you like to do but don't always get to do them?  Well that's how I felt today. So this weather was not cooperating with my plans.  I wanted to paint one of the small tables I found recently.  What to do, what to do?

 Sooooo,  (light bulb moment!!)  road trip!!  If today I couldn't create then I could admire the creations of others!!
My friend and me dropped by an antiques' mall and enjoyed a carefree afternoon!

We found lots of primitives.  I really like to find old jugs, crocks, and so on.



Beautiful...even with all the imperfections, wear and tear, the vessels are really artistically beautiful!

Next we uncovered these...
Can't you just see this in a keeping room...

Now this jug would look great at the lake...

Even though I would hesitate to drill holes into a fabulous vintage piece I don't think these pieces were in perfect condition!  But now they have made lovely lamps! 

When my friend and me left the mall the sun was out and best of all " the sky wasn't fallin'!!"

Have a Blessed Day!! And see ya down the junkin' road!!

Jan

Partying today with...










5 comments:

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

A road trip to an antique mall is an awfully fun way to spend a dreary day. So, did you buy anything?

It's still dreary at my house. Even drizzled on the way to the grocery store a little bit ago. Hope to see the sun tomorrow. I'll take your word that it still exists. You actually saw it! Wow!

nomo wino daph said...

OMGosh.....Chicken Little, I am feeling like a old thang now:)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy Wednesday,
Daph

Honey at 2805 said...

These lamps are all really cute!

Nancy's Notes said...

Yes, they are lovely lamps! Thanks for sharing!

I'm your newest follower and happy I found your great blog. Raised in the South, that's awesome!

Unknown said...

Wonderful Lamps! I would love to try something like that some day. Thanks for stopping by my blog, you always have such sweet comments! Have a great day...
XO Cindy