7/5/11

Down the Road to Lulu's Homeport

Oh yes, the junkin' road carried my friend and me to Gulf Shores, Alabama and to Lulu's Homeport! Now most of you will remember that Lulu is the sister of a well known singer/songwriter...Jimmy Buffet!!

Lulu's is famous! It is known for its great atmosphere, good food, good music, and good times! The location is perfect...right on the inter-coastal waterway...

Did I mention the view? Super!!

Lulu's caters to the family...

Outdoor gigantic gym for the kids to enjoy! (The children wore safety harnesses for their protection.)

Beach volleyball for all ages!

Dining outdoors...

(Thank goodness for the outdoor fans and cooling stations as it was hot, hot, HOT!!)

Musicians from all over come to play and sing on Lulu's stage. Even her famous brother, Jimmy, graciously appears in concert! (but never under his own name)


(This singer traveled from Louisiana to appear on stage)


Ahh, Lulu's Homeport...a destination!


The atmosphere is festive and fun! It's a party, happening now!

And speaking of a party I'm partying with...

http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/2009/01/introducing-outdoor-wednesday.html

Have a Blessed Day!! And see ya down the junkin' road!!

Jan

8 comments:

JudyBug said...

Love this post! I just read about Lulu in a magazine last night. Looks like great fun!

Jenny's Heart said...

Lulu's looks like a blast! I have never been to Alabama, (been all over the south, but not Alabama...) but when I finally do make it I may have to stop at Lulu's.
XOXO,
Jenny

Honey at 2805 said...

This looks like a great place!

outjunking said...

Anything in Gulf shores is always fun. Oh and the food. Wish I could have been there.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I have to admit that outdoor gym scares the daylights out of me - I'm so afraid of heights.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
This looks like a Great place to have Fun !!!
Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my new Tablescape so sweet of you.
I hope you have a Great Weedend.
XXOO Diane

Gracefully Vintage said...

What a great place..Love it.. One day hope to visit the south...
Great Blog-thanks for the pictures.
Karryann

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Lulu's looks like such a fun place! Would love to visit Alabama sometime. Got to go junkin on Friday. What an adventure I had!