6/1/11

In the village of Historic Magnolia Springs

Come on along, come on along...

This time my friend and me are off to Magnolia Springs, AL.  I want to share a few of the sights in this little village. 
Beautiful view of the Magnolia River! So peaceful...


Shhh, listen! Do you hear the stories these majestic live oaks can tell?

Ahhh, imagine driving through a tunnel. The trees are meeting in the middle! So pretty!

Magnolia Springs Bed and Breakfast...("There was a write-up a few years ago in Southern Living about this B&B," says my friend.)

That swing on the porch has a reserved sign for me! I love to swing and this looks to be a perfect!

Historic Church
("Is this turning into a history lesson, teacher?" asks my friend? 'Okay, okay, just one more!!')

Local general store, Moore Brothers, refurbished into a dining destination...

And the main reason we are in Magnolia Springs...
Jesse's Restaurant

As you can see quite charming...divided into dining rooms...

But now the dilemma...what to eat tonight! So many choices! Shrimp, oysters, crab cake, shrimp scampi, brown sugar glazed salmon, Louisiana BBQ shrimp, pork chop, filet mignon, shrimp and grits, scallops... (Are you hungry yet? Do you see my problem?)

BingoI have a winner!  Jesse's Whiskey Steak, 16oz. Jack Daniels Marinated Ribeye! WaaaaHoooo! And it has been voted one of the 100 dishes to eat in Alabama before you die!!


Sooooo good!! AND it is served with fresh bread, choice of starch and mixed veggies!!

Sweet potato with just butter!! Yummmy!!

Now it is DESSERT TIME...Key Lime Parfait...


A perfect ending to a great day along Alabama's gulf coast...

Sunset over the water!!

Don't you just love finding great places to explore and foods to eat? My friend and me leave the interstates to travel the out-of-the-way roadways! How about you?

Have a Blessed Day!! And see ya down the junkin' road!!
 
Jan

3 comments:

Elizabeth Ann said...

Hi Jan,
Glad y'all finally made it to the Gulf. You are making me hungry!!

I've been trying to comment but Blogger wouldn't let me!

Enjoy your trip and let me know when you get back so we can catch up.

Joyfully,
Elizabeth Ann

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
It looks like you are going on a trip !I hope you had a Great Time sweet lady, and the food is making me hungey also. I would like to thank you so much for your lovely comments on my new Tablescape. I hope you have a Great Day.
XXOO Diane

Karen said...

Charming and beautiful spot. That rib eye looks too too yummy. Thanks for visiting.