4/3/12

The Revival of Mannequins & I've Been Featured

Recently I attended a party featuring mannequins. (You can read about the story, here! )

I dressed my vintage manny, Miss Lucy Louise, in vintage white, flowers and pearls!

(Oh yeah I had several "looks" as people 
drove by and wondered just what or who was on the boat dock!! haha)


It was so fun to design a costume for Miss Lucy Louise! Now she displays the numerous pearl necklaces that I've acquired either from family or estate sale-ing!  It is amazing how jewelry is always available at these sales!  And talk about reasonable! So many strands of costume pearls...and of course the real deals too!!

Then my friend and me were shopping a local antique mall and spotted several mannequins.  All were old and just a tad eccentric...

There's the 'red hat' lady...

And the 'masked' head...

I can't leave out the 'painted face'...

And the 'fur wearing grand lady'...


The 'red coat lady' not to be confused with the British soldiers during the American Revolution...


What about you?  Have you jumped on the manny wagon?

And I was featured...Share Your Cup with Jann  for my story on Made in the USA, Toys !
 Thank you Jann!
Go visit with her and check out the wonderfulness of her blog!

See ya down the junkin' road!!


Jan

Partying with:

7 comments:

All That Glitters said...

I haven't jumped on the manny wagon yet......I have dressed up full size skeletons however!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Your Miss Lucy Louise is one finely dressed lady! Beautiful!!! Enjoyed the other manny inspiration you shared too! :)

outjunking said...

Gorgeous. we had a lady once shop our store who had a house full of mannequins and dress them for them for the seasons. How fun.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun that will be to enjoy! I love that HAT on the painted face! WOW! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Miss Lucy Louise looks might fine and ready to dine. lol! Sorry, I couldn't resist! Yes, I have a manny. Mine is not vintage though and so have my eyes out for one. There is one at the Star Mill that I love. The owner is not ready to part with it yet. Maybe someday. Thanks for the shout out and sweetness about my blog. Happy to have featured you! Thanks for sharing again!
Hugs,
Jann

Stephanie from GardenTherapy.ca said...

It just screams spring to me. happy Easter.

Stevie

Savannah Granny said...

Love your mannys. Thanks for sharing. I am now following you thru Linky. You never know what may change next. Blessings,