6/9/11

Baseballs, Gloves, Bats, Oh My!

My friend and me enjoyed the Gulf Coast of Alabama soooooo much!! Of course it was extremely hot but the water, the beaches, the food, the people were absolutely "fAbUloUS!!"

If you have not made plans to visit the beach this year then what are you waiting for?!!Haha! Seriously, the beach is sugar white sand! We saw no traces of the "evil, last season oil slick, tar balls" that so interrupted our fun due to the BP Oil blunder!

Today, on the  junkin' road, I want to share with you the antique mall of...

Alice & Wonderland, 7245 N. Hickory St., Loxley, Al  36551
Catchy name, huh?!!

Inside, were two floors packed with wonderful merchandise! You could tell the dealers were diligent in finding different and unusual wares. I could have shopped for hours but my friend said we were on a schedule! A schedule? Whoever heard of a schedule when you are out junkin'!! But, back to the mall...

In a tribute to the "boys of summer" and my all-time favorite sport, baseball, (yep, I was my daddy's girl!!) I want to share this booth...


All items relating to baseball and vintage sports!! Baseballs, gloves, bats, oh my!!
I do not know the age of these baseball catchers' chest protectors and shin guards but I'm pretty sure all would not pass inspection in today's equipment lineup!

(Did you notice the old window painted out in a sports' theme? Roll Tide Roll!!  It's a great use for an old discarded window!)

I stopped by this booth more than once and each time saw items I had not seen before! I'm telling ya, the owner had merchandised the space well!

Isn't this a great old stove? Notice the wooden baseball bats displayed in the old milk can! If you look closely you will find vintage wooden water skis!


Photos, prints, souvenir programs... AND GLOVES!!


It was a sports related themed booth! Just look at this old tricycle and peddle tractor!  And for the quilters out there notice the quilt displayed on the twin sized iron bed! Very pretty!!


As I've told y'all before I come from a long line of savers!! I actually rode a tricycle just like this one when I was a little child. It had been handed down to me...my aunt, then my mother, both rode it before me!!

As you can tell I really enjoyed shopping this mall! It was a little treasure my friend and me found on our trip!  What treasures have you found lately? A new mall, auction, piece of pottery, glassware, china, what-not!! I love to hear from you!

Have a Blessed Day!! And see ya down the junkin' road!!

Jan

8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your beach photo...I long to spend more time at the ocean! Looks like a fun shopping trip, too! I see lots of neat old things! ♥

Unknown said...

I too love Gulf Shores...plan on going later in summer...always find some good oldies when I am there...love the vintage baseball tour. Thanx, Tiff

Leigh, tales from bloggeritaville said...

Thanks for dropping by Tales from Bloggeritaville’s Thrifty Thursday, my friend!
I appreciate your comment….and your “presence”!
It's not a party without you!

LIVE*LOVE*LAUGH
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

nomo wino daph said...

Hey Jan,

Alabama in tha' house! lol

I use to live in Orange Beach, isn't it grand?

Thanks for swinging by today. Looks like your trip was great-
Have a blessed weekend!

Elizabeth Ann said...

I think I can, I think I can...post a comment that is.

I've been wanting to stop here for a long time. I will make it a priority now! Thanks for sharing.

What's up with "a schedule to keep", tell your friend that is not part of JB's philosophy. :-)

Can't wait to see you and catch up.

Joyfully,
Elizabeth Ann

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a fabulous mall. Oh yes, the beach is nice too:-) It sounds like you had such a good time. I'm sure I could get lost for hours in a place like this. I know what you mean about the schedule...I think I might have my friends pick me up at the end of the day.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Awesome post! I am so hoping we get to go to the beach this year. My 5 year old loves it. Glad you had a great trip!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh so fun going along with you antiquing! Great photos of some really neat stuff! I also enjoyed perusing several of your older posts. Nice to meet you :)

Kindly, Lorraine