1/26/12

Rainy Days

Today I'm cooped up, lookin' out the window at the rain, seein' the white caps on the lake!  
Yep, it's another rainy day in Bama! 

Now don't get me wrong! I'm very happy for the rain but please no more stormy weather.  (the warnings are south of me and I pray that those living there are aware)   
Alabama was hit again this week with tornadoes.  They traveled almost the same path through Tuscaloosa and Jefferson Counties as the April tornadoes took.  Luckily our TV weathermen alerted us to the dangerous weather several days in advance and stayed on the air throughout the night giving updates.  Since April more people have purchased the weather radios and downloaded the weather alert apps for their smart phones.  We still had loss of life (not as many, even one is too many)  but more people are paying attention to weather forecasts now. 

To take my mind off the weather...let's take a trip...get on the road!!  Even if it's in our minds!! LOL!!
I want to share with you some more photographs of our vacation!

On the road to Key West we were able to stop at many lovely spots...Just sit back and enjoy the journey...

                                                              (sunset, Key West)

Weather was beautiful!  Just perfect for a bike ride!  Do you like my 3-wheeler?  A gift from the hubby!  That little fellow peeking over the wheel is our fur-baby Gully!  He loves riding in the basket!

When the sunlight hit this fish the colors were outstanding!  Have you seen the wood carvers take a tree, use their saws, and before your eyes the stump becomes a masterpiece?  This was created from a downed tree in the park.

I think this little 'sugar shack' would look fantastic as a bar area out by the lake! 

                                                             (Florida camp)

Ahhh, memories...did you enjoy the road trip?  I sure did!!


Time to peek out the window!  Yep, it's still raining!  So now off  to do the laundry...bless my heart!

See ya down the junkin' road!!


Jan

I'm signing my photographs now...Southern Junkin'.    Y'all need to think about owning your photos too!


6 comments:

Marsha said...

Hey Jan! I've tried to leave comments several times lately, but was having some computer problems. It seems better now. Loved your pictures...especially of the sugar shack. I'm in Alabama, too. Where are you? I'm in Prattville. We were rainy here, too. I got bulbs planted before the weather rolled in. They let the schools out at 12:30 to be on the safe side. I'm going to try a new recipe today to beat the weather blues.
Marsha

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Thanks for taking us along on your journey. I love the Key West sunset!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Jan,
loved the road trip. I have never been to the keys. On my to do list. lol! Yes, the weather in Alabama has been so heartbreaking. Sure hoping things settle down. Stay safe and hopefully you'll get a bit of sun soon!
Hugs,
Jann

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

I'm sick of this weather, too. Just as I was pulling out of the weather induced funk, it got dreary on us again.

Key West is on my bucket list. I know you had a wonderful time. My son lives near West Palm Beach. We've talked about going a bit further and over to check it out, but never have. We should make that a priority next trip.

Pam Kessler said...

I would love to go to Key West. Sounds like heaven right about now! Hope the storms went around you. Have a great weekend.

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

Pictures are beautiful. I wanted to award you the Libester award and bloged about you in this post http://cottage-wishes.blogspot.com/2012/01/thank-you-thank-you-thank-you.html
Please pass it along to who you wish. You are much appreciated!!
Di@Cottage-wishes