1/3/12

Nashville's Opryland Hotel and a WOW

First, thanks for all the love and friendship!! Y'all are the best, the very best!!

Have you been to Nashville lately?  It's a lovely city that is recovering from the floods of 2010.  Many marked the flood as the single largest disaster to hit middle Tennessee since the Civil WarWow...

The hubby and I along with family visited Opryland Hotel during the Christmas season. It is unbelievable the work that has been accomplished to restore the Hotel to this beautiful sight.  We were shown markers where the water crept up to INSIDE the hotel.  Wow...

Gaylord Opryland's Country Christmas along with DreamWorks collaborated to add new features for 2011 ...Holiday Shrek tacular.  It was so much fun! (even us old people were able to be kids again!!)  Wow...


"Smelly  Christmas to all and to all a gross night..."  Gotta love that Shrek!!

The characters were so much fun...they delighted in having their pictures with children and adults too. Wow...


Reminds one of Disney World...land of fantasy


"We like to move it, move it..."




"Here ye, here ye, all who feast will become an honorary ogre"

And we were dubbed ogres and given our 'ears' after eating at the ShrekFeast Character Meal!!


The trip was fun! Especially for the hubby and me!  Making memories with our young loves were extra, special important! And the icing on the cake... we were able to share the experience with my mother! Ummm, don't get any better than that!!   Wow...

AND NOW FOR A BIG WOW, WOW...
 "no Junk glass"

"The centerpiece of the Cascades Lobby is this gorgeous blown glass sculpture."

Wow...
 "It features dozens of blown glass flowers from buds to full blossoms in lovely jewel tones."

,

"Created by sculptor, Ludek Hroch, the glass is named 'Resurgence'."  (details, tiny details, wow...)

"The Plaque reads...
Flowers are our companions throughout life's journey, our inspiring and faithfully returning friends. This exuberant creation's infinite colors and shapes, representing a range from buds to full blossoms parallel the unlimited resurgence and rebirth of the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center."

Like I said, 'This ain't no junk glass'!!! I think my jaw dropped open when I first viewed it!!
Beautiful...breath taking...photos do not do it justice...WOW, WOW...

Of course this sculpture will not fit in my home (I don't have 20 feet ceilings...), but I will be on the lookout for something smaller, similar, lovely!!

Now that's a small snippet (do we still use the word snippet?!!)  of our quick trip to Nashville. I'll share more fun times at Opryland Hotel and Nashville later this year. I hope you will be able to vacation in the 'music city' real soon!

Going to a party!!!  Grab your party shoes and join the fun!!





Have a Blessed Day!! And see ya down the junkin' road!!!

Jan

ATTENTION, ATTENTION!!
Don't forget about the gift-away!!
1. Become a friend of my blog
2. Leave a comment
3. If you're already a friend, leave a comment
Looking for 100+ by the weekend!!

4 comments:

Town and Country Gals said...

Jan,
What a fun visit you had! I love Nashville, love going into town! It's so much fun, we always have a blast! The hotel is gorgeous and they always have the best Christmas displays. Downtown is my favorite, when I have out of town visitors, I always take them to the Wild Horse Saloon, it is so much fun, they have a great house band, fun dancing and great food.
So glad you enjoyed our town!
Rebecca

Amy Kinser said...

Opryland Hotel is gorgeous, isn't it? The outdoor nativity scene makes me emotional every time that I see it.

I live about an hour from Nashville so it is an easy trip for us. You ought to go to the Grand Ole Opry sometime as well. And, the Nashville Flea Market is a great one.

debbie refresh restyle said...

We used to live in Franklin and that area/Nashville. We loved it there and visited Opryland Hotel and the theme park (gone now). It's an amazing place and it looks like you all had an amazing time! Thanks for sharing.
Debbie

Casa De Luna said...

I really enjoyed Nashville. I was there in the spring of 2010 before the floods. I would love to go back some day. The abundance of live music was amazing!