5/27/11

It's a Whirlwind Kind of Week!

Oh yes it's been that kind of week!! Whirlwind!  First, a dance recital!  Now I must admit seeing the little ones performing their hearts out is just too, too cute!  All the preparation that goes into a recital is enormous!
And really, come on, tell the true, the whole year is a big success if they just get up on stage and smile!!


Such precious costumes! And do you happen to notice the feet? If I remember correctly that's 3rd position! (Yes, yes, I know! It's been a loooooong time since I was decked out in a ballet costume!!)

Naturally my friend and me never pass up an occasion to celebrate! (That means FOOD!)   A stop in at one of our favorite BBQ restaurants, Jim & Nick's, satisfied those hunger pains!  And these cheese biscuits will melt in your mouth!


Next, GRADUATION! A high school graduation; time to close one chapter and embark on another, excitement, sadness, anticipation! All the emotions that 18 year old young folks' feel at this time!

Then, what week can be complete without at least one trip to the local park?! My friend and me parked our chairs on the hillside close enough to home-plate to loudly cheer on our young team! Oh me, the excitement in their young eyes as the bat hits the ball, fielded cleanly at 2nd, and throw out the runner at 1st base for the 3rd and final out of the game! Then celebration for the winning team begins!


Yep, a whirlwind kind of week!!  How was your week? Was it overwhelming? Exciting? Send me your thoughts!


Here's wishing you a Happy and safe Memorial Weekend!


Have a Blessed Day!! And see ya down the junkin' road!!

Jan

2 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

My week has not been as eventful as yours... Just an estate sale and a little thrifting! Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!!!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

She's adorable! Sounds like you've had a real busy week. I've been busy preparing for an antique show on Sunday. I hope you have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.